Mauryas, megaliths and a medieval fort
Brahmagiri & Chitradurga
About the Tour
Travel through 4000 years of Indian history in two days, all of it set in boulder-strewn landscapes that are as dramatic as they are picturesque! We take you to Brahmagiri and Chitradurga, to see records written more than 2200 years ago by order of one of the world’s most celebrated emperors; remnants of structures built by people who lived more than 4000 years ago; a dazzling medieval fort; and a set of caves and enigmatic underground structures that date from at least 2000 years ago.
Our walk leaders include resource people who have worked extensively with the Archaeological Survey of India on conservation and restoration of monuments as well as heritage interpretation at historical sites.
What to expect
- Travel from Bangalore and back in an air conditioned private coach.
- Leave in the morning and return the 2nd day evening.
- Local travel by the same coach.
- All meals for two days.
- One night stay in an air-conditioned hotel in Chitradurga. Tour fee is quoted on twin share basis.
- Monument entry tickets included
- Please be prepared for plenty of walking and climbing on both the days. We would not recommend this trip for you if you suffer from arthritis or have any other problems walking.
- Also, while we make every effort to ensure your comfort, since some of these sites are a little remote, a few of the facilities available on the first day are a little rustic.